I got this recipe from my wonderful friend Vladimira who is an amazing cook. This soup is so comforting, perfect for a cold winters day. It is filling and yet refreshing at the same time. I love this recipe so much and I am so glad she taught me how to make this soup. The good news is, not only it is tasty but it is also quick and simple to prepare! I am sure you will enjoy this as much as I do!
A sauce pan, slotted spoon and a potato masher
Ingredients Serves 4:
1. 4 cloves of garlic, grated or crushed
2. 2 tbsp. Olive oil
3. 1.5 kg big courgettes, roughly chopped
4. 100ml Single cream
5. 100ml full fat milk
6. 500ml Chicken stock or cube
7. Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
8. Handful of Basil leaves
9. Pinch of salt
10. Pinch of ground white pepper
11. Parmesan or cheddar cheese, grated
1. On a sauce pan over a medium heat, add 2 tbsp. of oil, when the oil is hot add your garlic and courgettes in and fry for 10 minutes. Add your chicken stock into the pan, let it simmer for 8 minutes. Then remove the pan from the heat.
Serve immediately with a nice warm freshly baked bread.