Grease proof paper and a large baking tray.
Ingredients Serves 2:
1. 2 trout, gutted and cleaned
2. 1 medium size fennel, sliced
3. 3 sprigs of spring onions, finely chopped
4. 2 lemons (1 lemon zest and 1 sliced)
5. 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
6. 1/4 tsp. of salt
7. 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
8. 1 tbsp. of butter (1/2 tbsp. for each trout)
9. 1 medium size potato approx. 230g, peeled, sliced and parboiled for 10 minutes.
For the salad:
10. A handful of rocket leaves
11. 2 tbsp.lemon juice
12. 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
13. 3 pinches of salt
14. 3 1/2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
15. A handful of roasted pine nuts
For the Trout en Papillote:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. In a bowl mix the oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Rub this all over the trout and inside the cavity.
3. Next, place each trout on a large sheet of greaseproof paper onto a baking tray.
3. Stuff the fish with the fennel and spring onions. Place the potato slices underneath each trout.
5. Now, bring the edges of the greaseproof paper together and fold to form a sealed parcel. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes (cooking time would depend on the thickness of the fish). The flesh of the fish should be opaque, if it is translucent you would have to cook it a bit longer, as you are cooking the fish with the skin on just slightly lift the skin to check the flesh of the fish.
6. Once done serve the fish with the juice from the parcel.
For the salad:
7. Mix the lemon juice, mustard, salt and oil. Pour over the rocket leaves and sprinkle over some roasted pine nuts.
Serve the trout with the side salad immediately