Ingredients Serves 6:
1. 32 ladyfinger sponge biscuit ( Savoiardi)
2. 2 egg yolks
3. 120g caster sugar
4. 1 tsp. vanilla extract
5. 400ml mascarpone cheese
6. 100ml single cream
7. 250ml strong espresso coffee
8. 20g light brown sugar
9. 4 tbsp. Tia Maria Liqueur
10. 20g cocoa powder for dusting
For the Garnish: (OPTIONAL)
11. 6 small amaretto biscuits
12. 30g dark chocolate, melted
13. Pinch of chopped hazelnut
1. On a bowl mix the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Then add the mascarpone and single cream into this mixture. Stir until well combined and set aside.
2. On a separate bowl mix the espresso coffee, with the Tia Maria liqueur and light brown sugar. Dip the ladyfinger biscuits in the espresso mixture, don’t dip them too long as they will become too soft.
3. Layer the container with the ladyfingers that has been soaked in espresso mixture then spoon over the mascarpone cream mixture on top. Do this twice, so you’ll have 2 layers of lady fingers and 2 layers of mascarpone mixture.