A pasta pan/ large sauce pan and a frying pan.
Ingredients Serves 2:
For the pasta:
1. 150g Farfalle (preferably fresh)
2. Pinch of fine salt
3. 1 tbsp. olive oil
For the salmon, cockles’ sauce and caviar:
4. 2 tbsp. olive oil
5. 2 small shallots, finely chopped
6. 1 clove of garlic, crushed or grated
7. A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
8. 1 tsp. of butter
9. 100ml of good quality white wine
10. 2 pinches of fine salt
11. 2 pinches of ground black pepper
12. A pinch of chilli flakes
13. 200g Salmon, skin and bone removed, cut into strips
14. 100g cooked cockles
For the garnish:
15. Another handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
16. 20g grated parmesan cheese
17. 1 tsp of mascarpone cheese (for each plate)
18. 1 tsp of caviar (for each plate)
For the pasta:
1. On a pasta pan over a high heat, boil some water with 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
2. Once the water starts to boil cook your fresh pasta for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente. Drain all the water from the pasta. If you are using dried pasta follow the packet cooking instruction as some pasta takes longer cooking time.
For the salmon, cockles’ sauce:
3. Add olive oil into your frying pan over a medium heat, fry your shallots, garlic, parsley and chili flakes for 1-2 minutes then add your butter in. Allow to melt then add your white wine. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper and add in your cockles and salmon. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add your cooked pasta covering it with the sauce all over.
Serve immediately with mascarpone cheese, chopped parsley, caviar and grated parmesan cheese.