Ingredients Serves 4:
1. 2kg fresh mussels
2. 35g butter
3. 1 medium size shallot finely chopped
4. 1 clove of garlic
5. 100ml dry white wine
6. 120ml double cream
7. A handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
8. 1 sprig of thyme leaves only
9. Pinch of salt
10. Pinch of pepper.
1. Wash the mussels over cold running water, removing any beards and grits. Place the mussels over a cold bowl of water, discard any mussels that floats and mussels that remains open after tapping onto them.
2. On a medium heat, melt butter on a casserole pan. Once the butter starts to foam, add the shallots, thyme leaves and garlic cook for 2 minutes. Add mussels, wine and cream and cover the lid. Cook for 4 minutes or until the mussels have opened, then remove from heat.
3. Season with salt, pepper and top with chopped fresh parsley.
Serve warm with french fries.