Deep dish, Casserole pan with a lid and Tagine dish/ovenproof dish.
Ingredients Serves 2:
1. 2 tbsp. Olive oil
2. 3 Garlic cloves grated or crushed
3. 1 tsp Harrisa paste
4. ¼ tsp Ginger powder
5. ¼ tsp Paprika powder
6. ¼ tsp Cumin seeds, pounded
7. ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
8. Pinch of cinnamon
9. Pinch of salt
10. Pinch of ground white pepper
For Chicken Tagine:
11. 2 Large chicken legs on the bone and skin on
12. 4 tbsp Olive oil
13. 1 Onion, chopped
14. 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped into chunks (½ inch thick)
15. 1 Courgette, peeled and chopped into chunks (½ inch thick)
16. ½ Litre of chicken stock
17. A few saffron strands
18. 4 Small preserved lemons
19. 90g Green pitted olives
20. A handful of coriander, chopped
1. In a deep dish, combine all the marinade ingredients together. Cover the chicken with the marinade and leave to marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
For the Chicken Tagine:
2. In a casserole pan over high heat, add 4 tbsp. of olive oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, add the chicken legs. Cook and brown the chicken on all sides for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until onions turn translucent. Add the carrots, ½ litre of chicken stock, saffron strands, a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve immediately with warm Couscous.