I love having this for brunch on a late Sunday morning over a freshly baked home made bread and a nice cup of coffee. I sometimes have this with honey glazed ham and wilted spinach rather than chorizo and once I had this at a cafe in Paris with slamon, so feel free to experiment and hope you enjoy this too! : ) bon appétit!
2 ovenproof ramekins or clay pots and a deep baking tray
Ingredients Serves 2:
1. 8 tbsp. single cream or crème fraiche ( 4 in each ramekins or pots)
2. 2 pinches of salt (a pinch on each ramekins/pots)
3. 2 pinches of ground black pepper (a pinch on each ramekins/pots)
4. 2 pinches of smoked sweet paprika (a pinch on each ramekins/pots)
5. 12 Picante Chorizo slices (6 in each ramekins or pots)
6. 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves only (1 sprig in each ramekins/pots)
7. 2 eggs
Eggs in pots (oeufs en cocotte)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Place 2 tbsp of single cream or crème fraiche in each ramekins or pots.
3. Sprinkle over some salt, pepper and smoked sweet paprika on the cream/crème fraiche.
4. Add 6 chorizo slices on top, then sprinkle over some thyme leaves.
5. Next, add 1 egg in each ramekins/pots. Spoon over 2 more tablespoon full of cream/crème fraiche on each pots.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs has set.
Serve immediately with a warm crusty bread.