Ingredients Serves 4:
For the Fried rice:
1. 4 tbsp. groundnut oil
2. 5 cured Chinese sausages, slice thinly ( alternatively use honey glazed ham or chorizo)
3. 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4. 15g ginger, crushed or grated
5. 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
6. 3 cups cooked jasmine rice, cold and preferably a day old
7. ½ cup Chinese barbecued pork also known as Char Siu, chopped into small pieces
8. ½ cup green peas
9. 3 stalks of green onions, finely chopped
For the seasoning:
10. 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
11. ¼ tsp. caster sugar
12. ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
13. ¼ tsp. sesame oil
14. Pinch of fine salt
15. 1 tbsp. water
For the Fried Rice:
1. Place the wok over a very high heat, add 1 tbsp. of oil, followed by the sausage slices. Fry the sausages for 2 minutes. Remove from the wok and set the sausages aside.
2. Return the wok to very high heat, add 3 tbsp. of oil, garlic and ginger, fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. Stir in the eggs and just when the eggs are about to set, add the rice, peas and green onions. Stir Fry for 2 minutes.
4. Finally season with some light soy sauce, sugar, pepper, sesame oil, salt and water. Stir in the cooked sausages.