Ingredients Serves 5:
1. 3 eggs at room temperature
2. 133g sugar
3. 150g plain flour
4. 50 ground almond
5. 1 tsp of baking powder
6. 1 lemon, grated zest only
7. 40g runny honey
8. 40g double cream
9. 1 tsp almond extract
10. 200g melted and cooled unsalted butter
11. Glazed cherries
12. Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Butter and flour a Madeleine mould.
2. Beat the eggs, almond extract and sugar until pale.
3. On a separate bowl add flour, baking powder and lemon zest.
4. Mix the honey and cream with the melted butter. Add the Beaten eggs and sugar onto this mixture. Then slowly add the flour and lemon zest mixture. Leave the Madeleine mixture to rest for 1-2 hours or overnight if possible.
5. Grease the Madeleine shell mould, sprinkle some flour over.
6. Put a heaped tbsp of Madeleine mixture into each Madeleine shell and press cherries in the mixture.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave for a few minutes. Dust with some icing sugar once cooled.
Serve warm fresh from the oven.