Oven Proof dish and a pestel and morter
Ingredients Serves 2:
For the Marinade:
1. 420g pork spare ribs
2. 1 star anise crushed/pounded
3. 1 tsp fennel seeds pounded
4. 1 tsp 5 spice powder or all spice
5. ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
6. Pinch of salt
7. Pinch of ground white pepper
8. 1 tbsp Shao Sing rice wine (or sherry)
9. 2 tbsp light soy sauce
For the Sauce:
10. 100ml light soy sauce
11. 1 tbsp of Shao Sing rice wine (or sherry)
12. 5 tbsp of honey
13. 2 cloves crushed garlic
15. 1 tsp of 5 spice powder or all spice
16. zest of 1 orange
17. chopped coriander leaves for garnish
1. Combine all marinade ingredients together and rub all over the pork ribs. Leave to marinade over night on a deep oven proof dish.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
3. Place marinated pork in the oven for 45 minutes, and then remove from the oven.
4. Combine all the sauce ingredients on a bowl; pour over the pork ribs marinade, rubbing the sauce all over the ribs.