This is such a quick and easy dish to cook. This is the type of dish you will find in local cafes and traditional Cantonese restaurants in Macau and Hong Kong. A simple yet very tasty stir-fry dish with meat and vegetables serve with warm jasmine rice. If you fancy something Chinese on work night or school night, I recommend this easy and simple to cook dish. Enjoy!
Ingredients Serves 2:
For the Marinade:
1. 500g chicken breast, slice into strips and skin removed
2. 1 tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
3. 1 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
4. ¼ tsp. ginger powder
5. 2 tbsp. corn flour, for dusting
For the Chicken stir-fry:
6. 1 tbsp. groundnut oil
7. 50g cashew
For the Vegetable stir-fry:
8. 1 tbsp. ground nut oil
9. 15g ginger, grated
10. 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
11. 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
12. 100g of snake beans/French beans, slice into approx. 1 inch lengths
13. 1 tbsp. plum sauce
14. 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
15. ½ tsp. sesame oil
16. 1 spring onion, finely chopped (for garnish)
17. ½ tsp. chilli flakes (for garnish)
For the Marinade:
1. On a bowl combine the sliced chicken with all the marinade ingredients listed above; marinade for 10 minutes.
For the Chicken Stir-Fry:
2. Drain the chicken of the marinade liquid and dust lightly with corn flour.
3. On a wok over a very high heat, add 1 tbsp. of groundnut oil, once it is smoking hot add your chicken and fry for 3 minutes. Add the cashew and stir fry for another 1 minute.
4. Plate the chicken and cashew and set aside.
For the Vegetable Stir-fry:
5. Return your wok to high heat and add 1 tbsp. of groundnut oil. Once the oil is smoking hot add your ginger, stir until fragrant.
6. Then add hoisin sauce, chopped celery and snake beans, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
7. Finally stir in your soy sauce, plum sauce, and sesame oil. Return the chicken and cashew back into the pan, garnish with some chopped spring onions and chilli flakes.
Serve immediately with jasmine rice.