Muffin tin size Size 25cm(L) x 19cm(W) x 3cm(H)
Ingredients Makes 12 Muffins:
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or self raising flour
- ½ cup mixed dried fruits (preferably with chopped dates as it adds an amazing flavour and texture)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg beaten
The Lemon Curd:
- 2 small lemon zest and juice.
- A pinch of salt
- 50g sugar
- 50g melted unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C. Grease muffin tin with butter or place muffin cases on the tin (as per picture below)
- Mixed all ingredients together. Pour mixture onto the muffin tin or muffin cases.
- You can also add 1 tsp of lemon curd on top of your muffin mixture if you would like to. This bit is optional. (Instructions on how to make a lemon curd below)
- Place the muffin in the oven for 25 minutes or until the mixture has set. Before taking the muffin out of the oven insert a knife or a cake tester into the muffin, if it comes out clean without some mixture stuck to it, then your muffin is baked and ready.
The Lemon Curd:
1. Put the lemon zest and juice, salt, sugar and butter into a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar and butter have melted. Remove from the heat. Leave to cool for a minute, add beaten egg yolks and whisk all together.
2. Turn the pan onto a low heat again, whilst constantly whisking. Once the curd thickens, remove from the heat. Cover with a cling film once cooled, refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
Serve warm fresh from the oven.