Ingredients Makes 700g pastry:
1. 250g strong plain flour
2. 1 tsp. fine sea salt
3. 200g unsalted butter soft butter
4. 50g unsalted chilled butter
5. 150ml cold water
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, add 50g chilled butter into the bowl. Rub flour, salt and butter until they start to look more like fine breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the middle, add the cold water, mix all the ingredients together until you have firm dough. Shape the dough into a ball, cover with a cling film and place in the fridge to rest for 25 mins.
3. On a flour work surface, place your chilled dough, score the dough with one stroke, flip the dough tops over and place 200g unsalted soft butter inside the dough. Fold the dough back again, covering the butter. Form the dough in a rectangular shape.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough away from you, until the dough becomes 3 times the width, keep the edges straight. Take the pastry edge nearest to you. Fold one third into the centre and the other third on top. Turn the dough clockwise by a quarter turn.
5. Repeat Step 4.
6. Once your dough has been folded and rolled twice. Wrap the dough with a cling film and chill in the fridge for another 30 minutes or freeze it you wish.
7. Before use repeat Step 4.
8. Finally you would have done the rolling and folding 4 times the final stage is now to roll the pastry to your required shape and use.